Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hectic trip

Boarded SQ 0978 at 1835 on tuesday to bangkok. Greeted by a representative by the cab company and the journey of travelling began.

2hours road trip to Pattaya. Was 10 years since I last been there. Changed alot. Received a call from the facilities manager, Hanafiah. "Ho Seh Boh?", thats the first sentence from him which shocked me, because I thought that he was a thai all along. Met him and a US guy for seafood at "walking street". Hes been there for 4 yrs+, with a good command in thai language. A great host! He told me, he was in US for 7-8 years and on the first day, there wasn't anyone to take care of him and he was left all alone. Hence he understands the feeling of working overseas alone.

Did my work and flew to Hatyai at 6am on thursday from bangkok. That means, sleeping for an hour, waking up at 2.15am, checking out at 2.45am, picked up by driver, reached bangkok airport at 5am. BUT, a nice business class, booked by my client.

Kom, supervisor over at Hatyai facilities. Another great host, but this time, a thai.
Travelled back on thursday night at 2150hr to bangkok for a stay at Chaophyrat Park Hotel.

Flew back to Singapore on thursday, 180909, to give my dearest a surprise... Happy Anniversary my dear!

I first thought the trip would be a bad one, considering the rushing and travelling. But two hosts made it possible for all the seafood (i had seafood practically every meal except for breakfast), entertainment at night.

Although I did make alot of calls when things happened, (i.e. miscommunications between client and cab company) and that left me sitting and waitin quite a few times. My iphone is full of thai numbers, haha.... and no doubt, alot of smses from my miss.

All in all, a wonderful trip, meeting great people and understand whats staying overseas alone.....

No comments: